Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Boxing Day

I hope everyone had an excellent holiday, there's nothing like spending the holidays with family to make you miss loneliness. I, of course, spent Christmas Day keeping my grandmother away from my mother while she cooked and was therefore the subject of toooo much attention. "Why haven't you lost weight?". La-di-da. Can't wait till next year.

On the acting front, I haven't really done anything in the last couple of weeks but I have enrolled in an Intro to Performing class for next semester. I finally feel like I'm doing something to make my dreams come true. I know I can make it. It sounds cliche even to me, I'm sure every other actor has said this in their lifetime, but I know, in the very core of my being, that I can be great. I can be the one who changes the reality of people like me. People with disabilities. I recently saw Avatar by James Cameron and realised something: that technology did not exist before he created it. He created his own miracle and now it is time I create my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment